Complete the following CJi Interactive activities:
- Ch. 1 > Myths & Issues Videos
- Myth v. Reality: Crime has been Steadily Increasing
- Ch. 2 > Learning Modules
- Ch. 2 > Simulation
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper that examines crime measurement in the United States. Address the following:
- What instruments are used to measure crime in the United States?
- What are the major crime reporting programs? What are the purposes of major crime reporting programs?
- What are crime rates, arrest rates, clearance rates, and recidivism rates?
- According to the “Myth v. Reality: Crime has been Steadily Increasing” CJi Interactive video, in what ways can crime rates be deceiving? How do crime rates relate to arrest rates? Is there a better solution to improving the correlation between crime rates, arrest rates, and clearance rates in the effort of combating criminal activity?
- What can crime and recidivism statistics tell you about crime in the United States?
Include information learned from the CJi Interactive activities in your paper.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.