EDU623 - Week 6 Assignment Final Research Paper
Focus of the Final Paper
One of the biggest decisions for a professional educator is to decide what area of education to concentrate on in order to have a successful career. This summative assignment is designed to help you choose your area of focus.
You will write an 8-10 page double spaced paper (not including title and reference pages) explaining the area of education you are interested in learning more about. This area of education may be Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School, Adult Education, English Language Learner, Special Education, or any other area approved by the professor.
You will organize your paper into the following sections:
1. Introduction that includes a thesis statement clearly identifying an area of education that your research paper will concentrate on and why you are choosing this area of education.
2. Research and describe the historical development of this area of education and current legislation that shapes it today.
3. Explain current best practices related to curriculum and instruction for this area of education. You will refer to professional organizations associated with this area.
4. Identify and describe specific technology and future trends associated with this area of education.
5. Analyze improvements, challenges, and controversial issues facing this area of education.
6. Conclude your paper by explaining why you have chosen this field of interest, how it coincides with your philosophy of education, and your future professional goals.
At a minimum, use five external sources, in addition to the course text. Remembertociteallreferencesusing APA style.