Complete the following problems in Ch. 4:
- Problem P4-6
- Problem P4-19
Compile your team’s answers into a single document.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
P4–6 Finding operating and free cash flows
Consider the following balance sheets and selected data from the income statement of Keith Corporation.
P4–19 Integrative: Pro forma statements
Red Queen Restaurants wishes to prepare financial plans. Use the financial statements and the other information provided below to prepare the financial plans.
The following financial data are also available:
- (1) The firm has estimated that its sales for 2016 will be $900,000.
- (2) The firm expects to pay $35,000 in cash dividends in 2016.
- (3) The firm wishes to maintain a minimum cash balance of $30,000.
- (4) Accounts receivable represent approximately 18% of annual sales.
- (5) The firm’s ending inventory will change directly with changes in sales in 2016.
- (6) A new machine costing $42,000 will be purchased in 2016. Total depreciation for 2016 will be $17,000.
- (7) Accounts payable will change directly in response to changes in sales in 2016.
- (8) Taxes payable will equal one-fourth of the tax liability on the pro forma income statement.
- (9) Marketable securities, other current liabilities, long-term debt, and common stock will remain unchanged.
- a. Prepare a pro forma income statement for the year ended December 31, 2016, using the percent-of-sales method.
- b. Prepare a pro forma balance sheet dated December 31, 2016, using the judgmental approach.
- c. Analyze these statements, and discuss the resulting external financing required.