The construction of evidence-based health care facilities includes careful planning and layout as well as considerations for the health of the population to be served. Evidence-based health care facilities planning also needs input from a cross-functional team of informed stakeholders and the integration of best-practices in modern design and regulatory requirements.
This week you will focus on your facility’s structure and the areas contained within it. Next week you will add assets to your facility.
OpenSmartDraw® on Toolwire® and select the appropriate floor plan you selected in the Week Two Facility Selection and Research assignment. You will be responsible for adding environmental design elements each week. Your final floor plan is due in Week Five.
Add the following to your SmartDraw®facility.
- Facility Structure:
- Waiting areas
- Other related structural components
- Facility Areas:
- Customer service and amenities
- Reception desk, bathroom, shower, vending machine, etc.
- Patient consultation areas
- Clinical support areas
- Nurses’ station, charting areas, etc.
- Administrative offices
- Building support
- Laundry, generator facilities, housekeeping, etc.
- Diagnostic and treatment space equipment and location
- Mechanical equipment
- Space for laboratory equipment, radiology equipment, gases like oxygen, and suctions
Write a 175- to 350-word response to the questions below:
- Describe the steps you took to complete the structure and area of your facility.
- What considerations did you make?
- Include references and research to support your considerations
- Describe any successes or challenges you faced this week building your facility.
- Include a print screen of your facility below. Use the instructions provided if you need help adding a print screen.
Place theprint screen or copy of your facilitybelow:
Cite at least 1 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar reference.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.