Select one of the ethical scenarios listed below.
- A company uses patient DNA for research without the patient’s knowledge or consent.
- A nonprofit organization sells fetal tissue for research.
- Management invites researchers onto a health care research project who do not have the Internal Research Board’s (IRB) approval or exemption.
- An oncology Clinical Trials Coordinator selects a relative for a research study who has the cancer under investigation. The relative is placed in the group receiving the experimental drug.
Identify at least 3 peer-reviewed research articles that relate to the ethical concerns of the chosen scenario or to the process step at which ethical issues may have begun.
In the team forum, discuss the scenario as a team. Feel free to consider opposing viewpoints.
Prepare a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with detailed speaker notesthat discusses the points below.
Include the following in your presentation:
- At what step in the scenario the ethical concern(s) occurred or may have occurred?
- Explain how evidenced-based research can eliminate or minimize ethical concerns in the health care industry.
- Compare and contrast research studies and quality management projects as it relates to healthcare.
Cite 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references to support your presentation. Do not use “,com” commercial or “,org” proprietary sources.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines. Include a title slide, detailed speaker notes, and a references slide.