Federal, state, and local agencies have suggested that communities assess how issues affect the community and specific target populations. As an advisor to the city council, you have been asked to recommend a possible response to a nationally identified health objective for your community. For example, a nearby community created a Get Out and Race campaign to respond to the physical activity objective identified in the most current version of Healthy People. Your proposed campaign should be an entirely new program specifically tailored to your community’s issues and needs.
Choose a public health issue aligned with a nationally identified health objective. Examples include obesity, diabetes, and smoking.
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word analysis of the community and population using population health data sources needed to address this issue:
- Identify a specific issue and nationally identified health objective– Healthy People 2020 and so forth.
- Identify the federal state and local agencies tasked with addressing and managing this issue.
- Describe the models and systems used to determine and analyze this issue including sources of data such as vital statistics managed care data and disease registries.
- Define the community and targeted population that the identified objective addresses such as women older adults or African Americans.
- Describe the epidemiologic surveillance systems used for monitoring the issue.
- Analyze epidemiology tools within other areas of the health care system–risk assessment and trends in disease and health–needed to address this issue
- Analyze the accuracy of data to support public health interventions.
Reference your readings and at least 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar articles.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.