Click on the Patton-Fuller Community Hospital Virtual Organization and locate the following information:
- Under the Corporate Officers tab click on Chief Compliance Officer-Compliance Issues files
- Under the Chief Compliance Officer link click on Director of QA/Risk Management – Review all Incident Reports
Prepare a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with detailed speaker notes for the executive committee of the hospital that includes the following information:
- HIPAA (1996) compliance
- Explain HIPAA (1996) compliance.
- Analyze how you will respond to the incident you selected in a way that meets HIPAA (1996) privacy, security, and HITECH (2009) breach notice requirements.
- Analyze the ethical issues related to this incident.
- Analyze how you will follow-up with employees involved in the breach.
- Recommend changes to ensure data security and privacy compliance under HIPAA (1996).
- Medical error (Incident Reports)
- Explain Medical error (Incident Reports).
- Analyze how you would respond to the medical error to reduce liability.
- Analyze how you would respond to Joint Commission concerns.
- Recommend a quality improvement strategy to reduce medical error.
Include at least 4 references cited according to APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.