The Alternate Living Environment assignment is divided into two parts. Part 1 of this assignment is due in Week Four and Part 2 will be due in Week Six. For these assignments, your team will use the facility you selected in Week Four (Assisted living facility (ALF), an intermediate care facility (ICF), a long-term care facility (LTC), or a room and board facility).
The first part of the assignment is an opportunity for your team to investigate the living environment with a focus on the specific facility. The tasks required for the second part of the assignment (due in Week Six) will include an interview with a leader from that facility.
Develop a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper in which your team describes various aspects of the chosen facility. Include responses to the following:
- Identify the demographics of the community.
- Why did you select the facility?
- How are the family and provider roles considered in the selection?
- What resources are available for the patient, family and provider?
- Provide an overview of the selected facility.
- What is this corporate structure of the facility?
- What is the leadership structure of the facility?
- Location of the living environment
- Compare and contrast the demographics of the facility to the community.
- Is it close to medical facilities and community support? Expand.
- Is transportation available? How does this have an impact on the family or caregivers?
- What other living environments are available in your community, and what are the major differences between them?
- How is this facility marketing itself? Is it competitive?
Include a minimum of 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references to support your team’s discussion.
Format your outline according to APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your team’s assignment.