It is important to be able to communicate to an older adult about the field of gerontology and how it will impact their aging and the resources available. A manager or a person in marketing of senior projects will need to understand the business needs to be able to promote services and products to an older adult. While working in a facility you have been asked to create an informational deliverable to address the needs of an older adult.
Select a biological or psychological disorder to complete this assignment.
- Heart Disease
- If you would like to use a different biological and psychological disorder, please submit your selection for approval.
Select a deliverable (1,050 to 1,400 words) from the selection below.
- Training manual for a facility (directed to new employees)
- Brochure for a facility (potential patient)
- Presentation at a conference
Create the selected deliverable (1,050 to 1,400 words) that discusses the following as it relates to the disorder chosen.
- Explain the disorder of the older adult from the inter-disciplinary perspective within the field of gerontology.
- Explain the major aspects of an aging theory and its application to the disorder.
- Examine the myths and stereotypes related to this disorder.
- Examine government resources policies financial resources and living options for this disorder.
- Analyze gerontology resources (businesses, products, programs, and services) based on a community needs assessment to of older adults with this disorder.
- Evaluate business opportunities such as marketing societal needs and outreach programs for managers and leaders of geriatric facilities and services for this disorder.
- Analyze business skills (financing, management, leadership, policy, and advocacy) required to meet the needs of older adults, their family members, and their network of supporters for this disorder.
Include a minimum of 3 peer-reviewed references in your presentation.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.