PSY 360 - PSY 360 Week 5 Final Paper
Focus of the Final Paper
Select one mental health topic from this list:
§ Adult or child ADD
§ Bipolar Disorder
§ Panic Disorder
§ Body Dysmorphic Disorder
§ Multiple Personality Disorder
Visit the following website:
Using the guidelines in this document, the ethics guidelines on the apa.org site, research on your selected topic, and your textbook, you will identify and analyze the philosophies, theories and concepts from these sources as they relate to the human disorder. You will critique the current issues and considerations of the mental health disorder including its diagnosis and treatment. You will select the ethical considerations involved in treating the mental health disorder. Synthesizing this information, you will identify the implications for addressing this human disorder for family, culture and community. You must also cite at least 6 -9 resources ( not from the course text) which support your presentation of the issue.
The completed paper will be 8-10 double spaced pages, not including the Title Page or Reference Page.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least six scholarly sources, including a minimum of 6-9 references written within the last five years, not including the text. The references can come from journal articles, www.apa.org or ww.pbs.org.
7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.