Read the "P&G; Stumbles at Succession Management'" case study and respond to the questions below in a 3-4 page paper. Be sure to include enough detail to provide context for your ideas and to demonstrate your understanding of these concepts. Also, be sure to include all necessary APA citations and a references page. Submit your responses in a Microsoft Word document. Use the Assignment Template, located in the Resources, to guide the construction of your paper.
- Although the board of directors is responsible for filling the CEO position, how could HR managers support the board with a succession management program?
- Based on the information given, what developmental approaches were part of McDonald’s career development? What approaches would you recommend for preparing P&G;’s next top executives?
- From an employee relations standpoint, how important is a clear succession plan for an organization like P&G; and how might such a plan impact other human resource life cycle programs such as recruiting and retention?
- Written communication: It should be free of errors, so that the overall message is clear.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA style.
- Number of resources: Minimum of four scholarly resources. Distinguished submissions will likely exceed that minimum. Recommend reviewing The Wall Street Journal for relevant articles related to training and development and the value these programs bring to organizational success.
- Parts of paper:
- Title page.
- Body of paper.
- References page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.